Too Much Information
Anna tagged me for a Too Much Information meme, so today you're getting ten weird and random facts about me. The rules say they don't have to be food related, but this is my food blog, so mine are.
- I quit eating french fries a year or two ago. I don't miss them. Occasionally I snag one off of someone else's tray or plate and as soon as I pop it into my mouth, I think, "This doesn't even taste good."
- I still eat fast food. I especially love cheeseburgers.
- On our first date, Gary took me to Mama Mia's for pasta and promised we wouldn't order a bottle of wine. I think we each drank a glass, though. He took me home early and surprised me the next morning by being at the finish line of my race, with warm dry clothes. Then he took me to Kerby Lane for breakfast.
- When I eat breakfast at a restaurant, I like to share. Ideally, I like half of some kind of disguised eggs (like migas or an omelette), followed by half of a breakfast "dessert", like a pancake. It's hard to order when I don't have someone to trade half of each with.
- I think chocolate is over-rated. Hear me out! I like good dark chocolate, and I like desserts made with good dark chocolate. But if there are a variety of flavors of something, I know people who will choose the chocolate flavored one, just because it's called chocolate. I don't get the whole "chocolate flavored" thing because it doesn't usually taste like chocolate to me at all.
- My favorite flavor of Carb-Boom is apple cinnamon. Or is it banana peach? Then again, I first got hooked on vanilla orange, so maybe that's my sentimental favorite.
- I miss hanging out at Z-Tejas on Friday nights. I like routines and that was a good one.
- Eating in the bed feels luxurious to me. Sunday, I spent all evening in the bed. I watched my new Lewis and Clark dvd, and I ate mahogany beef stew, cornbread, and chocolate truffles and drank zinfandel.
- Occasionally, I bring a breakfast snack to bed with the Sunday newspaper. Then Gary calls me The Crummy Wife (or is it 'crumby'?).
- When I bake, I'm The Powdery Wife. I tend to get flour all over myself. Sometimes I wipe my hands on purpose, just so he'll call me The Powdery Wife.