.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Not As Good As Pork Cracklins

misadventures in cooking

Thursday, January 12, 2006

Too Much Information

Anna tagged me for a Too Much Information meme, so today you're getting ten weird and random facts about me. The rules say they don't have to be food related, but this is my food blog, so mine are.

  • I quit eating french fries a year or two ago. I don't miss them. Occasionally I snag one off of someone else's tray or plate and as soon as I pop it into my mouth, I think, "This doesn't even taste good."

  • I still eat fast food. I especially love cheeseburgers.

  • On our first date, Gary took me to Mama Mia's for pasta and promised we wouldn't order a bottle of wine. I think we each drank a glass, though. He took me home early and surprised me the next morning by being at the finish line of my race, with warm dry clothes. Then he took me to Kerby Lane for breakfast.

  • When I eat breakfast at a restaurant, I like to share. Ideally, I like half of some kind of disguised eggs (like migas or an omelette), followed by half of a breakfast "dessert", like a pancake. It's hard to order when I don't have someone to trade half of each with.

  • I think chocolate is over-rated. Hear me out! I like good dark chocolate, and I like desserts made with good dark chocolate. But if there are a variety of flavors of something, I know people who will choose the chocolate flavored one, just because it's called chocolate. I don't get the whole "chocolate flavored" thing because it doesn't usually taste like chocolate to me at all.

  • My favorite flavor of Carb-Boom is apple cinnamon. Or is it banana peach? Then again, I first got hooked on vanilla orange, so maybe that's my sentimental favorite.

  • I miss hanging out at Z-Tejas on Friday nights. I like routines and that was a good one.

  • Eating in the bed feels luxurious to me. Sunday, I spent all evening in the bed. I watched my new Lewis and Clark dvd, and I ate mahogany beef stew, cornbread, and chocolate truffles and drank zinfandel.

  • Occasionally, I bring a breakfast snack to bed with the Sunday newspaper. Then Gary calls me The Crummy Wife (or is it 'crumby'?).

  • When I bake, I'm The Powdery Wife. I tend to get flour all over myself. Sometimes I wipe my hands on purpose, just so he'll call me The Powdery Wife.
I'm tagging Sheri, Katie, Kay, Mare, and Dividend. You go, girls. Doesn't have to be food-related, but post ten weird and random facts about yourself. At the end, list the names of the five people you are tagging.

9 Comments:

At 1/13/2006 11:15 AM, Blogger Mona said...

Just checking out the meme train, and where it's gone :) I am the same way about breakfast, though not everyone is willing to do the share. But I always like a little bit o' eggs and a little bit o' pancake or waffle. Nice!

 
At 1/14/2006 12:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think I might try making that mahogany beef stew. It sounds good. I got a crock pot for Christmas and have been looking for something to make in it.
--Kelly

 
At 1/14/2006 5:05 PM, Blogger Marsha Marsha Marsha said...

That mahogany beef stew looks amazing. I think I'll def have to give it a try.

Oh, and I found your site from Wally's who is linked on Sam's from J&A's... just browsing... I'll have to try quite a few of your recipes actually. :P

 
At 1/14/2006 5:28 PM, Blogger Amy said...

<3 Wally :)

 
At 1/14/2006 9:35 PM, Blogger it's only fuel said...

That was very sweet of Gary to bring you dry clothes post-race post-first-date:)

 
At 1/15/2006 12:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

sharing oh yes! - like our yummy breakfast in vegas!
cheryl

 
At 1/15/2006 6:13 PM, Blogger Cookie Madness said...

I haven't been to Z-Tejas in ages.

 
At 1/19/2006 8:18 PM, Blogger Sheri said...

I'm no good at doing homework!

 
At 2/01/2006 5:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm late! I'll come up with my 10 tomorrow.

Amy, I loved your chocolate comment and am constantly awed by all the new "chocolates" that bear no resemblance of sugar intensified chocolates we grew up with.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home