.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Not As Good As Pork Cracklins

misadventures in cooking

Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Irresistible Oatmeal Cookies



Another baking day. I know, I know. I said I would stop. And I will. Soon.

I'm really enjoying this Small Batch Baking book. I like knowing there aren't four dozen cookies sitting around. Plus it's fast because you don't have to fool with pan after pan after pan. Usually after the second or third pan, I'm tired of making cookies. This whole experiment took less than an hour.

The recipe says to form 8 equal-size mounds, but I decided to make mine half-sized and watch the cooking time closely. I'm not as good at describing cookie texture as Anna is, but I would say that these are a cross between cakey and chewy. They look cakier than they are. The vanilla and cinnamon come through very well. I like them. I think I will make them again with white chocolate chips and dried cherries.

I think I'll leave a couple out for Gary and freeze the rest. Just in case Wally and friends ever drop by on their bikes.

4 Comments:

At 3/01/2006 2:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is my husbands favorite cookie.

 
At 3/01/2006 4:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

if i drop by on my bike can i have one? j

 
At 3/04/2006 11:31 AM, Blogger Cookie Madness said...

The white chocolate cherry variation sounds good.

 
At 3/07/2006 7:50 PM, Blogger Genevieve said...

no! don't stop! i love reading about baked goods. i just stumbled on your blog. i like the name. :) i worked on a fast food project and i know all about cracklins.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home