.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Not As Good As Pork Cracklins

misadventures in cooking

Thursday, April 20, 2006

Lemon Buttermilk Pound Cake



I had Fine Cooking issue #44 out for another reason over the weekend, and Lemon Buttermilk Pound Cake caught my eye. I picked up some buttermilk on Tuesday and gave it a whirl.

Unfortunately, I underbaked it (it tested "done", I swear!) and while it was cooling, the middle sank and was quite wet. I decided to try to rescue it by popping it back into the oven. It seemed to finish baking without further incident, but then it stuck to the pan! By the time it cooled (again), I was so frustrated that I threw it into a ziptop bag and hid it in the freezer.

Desperate for an afternoon snack today, I remembered the damn thing and cut off a hunk. It's ok, but not as lemon-y as I'd like.

2 Comments:

At 4/24/2006 5:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It looks so refreshing!

 
At 4/26/2006 1:16 PM, Blogger Amy said...

You're so kind, mare! That's about the only nice thing to be said about it :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home