.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Not As Good As Pork Cracklins

misadventures in cooking

Friday, March 31, 2006

Cupcakes



I found myself with some free time this afternoon, and instead of riding my bike like I meant to, I decided I wanted to bake. I pulled out Small Batch Baking and flipped through the recipes that I had marked to try. I settled on "Just Plain Good Cupcakes" because I had all the ingredients and because there was a decorating idea in the April 2006 issue of Real Simple magazine that I wanted to try.

Carefully cut the lid off the cupcake and spread a spoonful of jam onto the cupcake. Use a small cookie cutter to stamp a shape out of the lid. My hearts didn't cut as cleanly as I pictured they would. (Yes, those are hearts. Use your imagination a little, wouldya?) Sprinkle the lids with powdered sugar and carefully place them back onto the cupcakes.

Now I have four darling cupcakes. It feels like Valentine's Day! Or better yet, Day Before Julia and Jay's Wedding Day!

5 Comments:

At 4/01/2006 1:21 PM, Blogger Sheri said...

So cute!

 
At 4/02/2006 10:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How cute!

 
At 4/19/2006 10:19 PM, Blogger Genevieve said...

I love that! And it's better when it's not valentine's day...so much more spontaneous and fun.

 
At 4/22/2006 12:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I found you through Blogher and I am a cupcake afficionado. That idea is awesome and I cannot wait to try it out!

 
At 7/12/2008 9:59 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

Love this idea! It's like a Linzer Cupcake!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home