.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Not As Good As Pork Cracklins

misadventures in cooking

Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Fresh Produce

Here are more pictures of Saturday's trip to Boggy Creek Farm with Sheri.

I'm headed over to the strawberry patch, sunscreened and shaded! Pick your own strawberries were limited to 1 pint per customer. They'd been pretty well picked over by the time we got there.









Beautiful, absolutely perfect lettuce!

Carrots in dappled light. Gary was sad that I didn't bring some home to him.










Freshly dug new potatoes. We served them gratineed the following evening. They were fabulous!




Tangled celeriac/celery root. I love it mashed with potatoes, but we didn't buy any.



Someone bought the last nosegay of lovely sweet peas! I asked her if we could take a picture, because they remind me of my mom.




Speaking of moms, here's a reminder for all of us from the owner of Boggy Creek Farm.

4 Comments:

At 4/28/2006 11:15 AM, Blogger it's only fuel said...

These photos are fantastic and it looks like you had a wonderful day out with each other:)

 
At 4/28/2006 2:39 PM, Blogger Amy said...

Thanks Katie! maybe someday you could come for a visit too.

 
At 4/29/2006 7:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The produce is beautiful! I only wish we had some lettuce like that. It looks sooo good.

The sweet peas are beautiful also. They remind me of my mom who used to plant them and they were your grandaddy's favorite flower also.

Thanks Lizzie for great pictures. Love, Mom

 
At 5/02/2006 3:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So fresh!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home