.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Not As Good As Pork Cracklins

misadventures in cooking

Sunday, July 17, 2005

Whole Wheat Pancakes


A couple of weeks ago, while Eric was getting his hair cut, I scanned the pile of magazines and picked up "Experience Life", which is by the Life Time Fitness company that sponsors a series of triathlons. I think they sent me a couple of sample issues when the magazine first started up and didn't find it compelling enough to buy a subscription.

At any rate, I was mindlessly flipping through it, when I saw a pretty picture of pancakes. I glanced over the article and it was about Alton Brown! So I surreptitiously tore it out and brought it home. I wasn't sure if the pancakes would be too "whole-wheaty-earthy-crunchy", but I wanted to trust AB.

They're delicious! Buttermilk, baking soda, and baking powder make them very light and fluffy, which is really surprising given that they are 100% whole wheat. And there's a lot of butter, which make them tasty. I know my friend Kelly recently had success gradually reducing the butter in a pancake recipe, so I might be brave and try that. Or not.

The article and recipe are here: Whole Wheat Pancakes

3 Comments:

At 7/17/2005 4:17 PM, Blogger Sheri said...

Yum! They look so FLUFFY!

 
At 7/17/2005 9:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lizzie, Those look so good.

I had some whole wheat pancakes a couple of weeks ago when we went out for breakfast and they didn't look anything fluffy like these. Nor did they taste like yours I am sure!!

 
At 7/23/2005 1:46 AM, Blogger it's only fuel said...

mmmmm...making these tomorrow morning for sure!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home