.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Not As Good As Pork Cracklins

misadventures in cooking

Sunday, July 03, 2005

Hen House Eggs


There's just nothing like a homegrown tomato. And fresh herbs don't even seem related to their cousins in jars. I've always heard the same sorts of claims about eggs.

Yesterday I bought absolutely fresh organic hen house eggs from Boggy Creek Farm. There's a limit to how many each person may buy, and you need to be there right when they open if you want some. I happened to get 4 browns, one white and a lovely green one. The photo doesn't do it justice.

Gary ate two poached. He thought they tasted like regular storebought eggs, which was really disappointing to me. Later, I cracked two to scramble for myself. I noticed right away that the yolks were a beautiful color and texture! Even though I usually like my eggs disguised (cheese, mushroooms, onions, peppers, the more the better), I knew that I should leave them as naked as possible. So I limited myself to fresh chives and freshly ground black pepper.

They just tasted like eggs.

1 Comments:

At 7/05/2005 6:54 PM, Blogger Sheri said...

Bummer! But they're so pretty.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home