.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Not As Good As Pork Cracklins

misadventures in cooking

Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Smokey Shrimp & Cheesy Grits

Gary is at a work function tonight, and I cooked for myself because I've been eating in restaurants for a week straight.

Shrimp and grits are a Southern and/or South Carolina tradition, and as much as I love each ingredient, I've never had the combination. This recipe is very rich and delicious. I did not see the show, but apparently it was featured on Food Nation. Bobby Flay said it was "hands down, the best dish anybody ever made for me during my travels in the U.S."

Well yeah. It has bacon, butter and cheese. Why wouldn't it be good?

2 Comments:

At 6/29/2005 8:07 PM, Blogger Sheri said...

Hmm. I don't know about shrimp AND grits. The cheesy grits sound really good, though. I absolutely love grits!

 
At 7/05/2005 5:44 AM, Blogger Amy said...

Would you feel better if it were shrimp & polenta?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home