.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Not As Good As Pork Cracklins

misadventures in cooking

Sunday, June 19, 2005

Sunday Dinner

The marinade for the shrimp was so fragrant!! I was excited because I could just tell they'd be good. But no matter how I blotted, these came out too oily and sort of lackluster. They're ok I guess, just not very special. I wouldn't make them again.

Fortunately, the rest of the meal was excellent. This is my new standard pork tenderloin recipe. I think this is the third time I've made it and I need to remember to send a copy of the recipe to Ashley.

The potatoes were delicious! I thought it was borderline too much raw garlic flavor, but Gary really liked them, so I guess not. I need to write a little note on the recipe to choose small cloves. The green beans were delicious too. Gary even had seconds.

The cake is very good, but not as good as my favorte poundcake recipe. The textures is more "bundt cake" to me than poundcake, unless I made a mistake somehow. I'm looking forward to eating it with morning coffee.
  • Peppered Shrimp (Cooking New American, p. 11)
  • Pork Tenderloin with Honey, Mustard & Rosemary (Fine Cooking #14, p. 30)
  • Smashed Red Potatoes with Basil & Parmesan (Fine Cooking #70, p. 51)
  • Braised Green Beans with Ham & Mushrooms (Fine Cooking #71, p. 45)
  • Vanilla & Sour Cream Pound Cake with Vanilla Glaze (Fine Cooking #71, p. 69)

2 Comments:

At 6/20/2005 8:39 PM, Blogger it's only fuel said...

Drooling over here Amy! The entire meal sounds delish:)

 
At 6/23/2005 12:35 AM, Blogger Sheri said...

Mmmmm. I've eaten crap all week. I need you to cook for me! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home