.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Not As Good As Pork Cracklins

misadventures in cooking

Sunday, July 17, 2005

Grilled Chicken Tacos Alambres

Raul & Jill came over for dinner tonight. Eric & I had been talking about making these tacos, so this seemed like a good opportunity. I loved them! I think everyone else did too. My only complaint is that I think Fine Cooking uses too much oil sometimes. I don't think the recipe should call for oil with the bacon, unless it's good turkey bacon like Sheri buys.

The tomatillo salsa was especially popular. That made me happy because I've never made it before and I didn't know if anyone would like it. I taught Jill Hugh Carpenter's guacamole saving tip.

I've made this rice several times. I keep meaning to make the other recipes in the same article, Arroz Rojo de Chile Ancho (Ancho Chile Red Rice) and Arroz Huerfano (Orphan's Rice). I need to just make up my mind and try one. But I love the green rice so much!

Gary makes wonderful margaritas. I asked him to make them just like he did for the mole' party. They were excellent.

6 Comments:

At 7/18/2005 9:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i love to read about your cooking adventures - it inspires me, but it can be v/dangerous when i'm at work!
cheryl

 
At 7/18/2005 8:15 PM, Blogger Sheri said...

Sounds wonderful! I need to make those tacos again. I loved them. And yes, I think I did use Willie Bird turkey bacon.

I've made the red rice - I like the green much better.

Gary really does make excellent margaritas.

 
At 7/23/2005 1:50 AM, Blogger it's only fuel said...

Wanna let me in on the guacamole saving tip? I love avocados, but not so much when they turn black because I can't eat a whole one.

 
At 7/23/2005 7:03 AM, Blogger Amy said...

It only works for guacamole, not a leftover half of an avocado. I'll show you next week!

 
At 11/20/2005 7:52 PM, Blogger Roberto Iza Valdés said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 12/25/2005 4:26 PM, Blogger Roberto Iza Valdés said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home