.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Not As Good As Pork Cracklins

misadventures in cooking

Sunday, March 13, 2005

Mushroom-Dusted Tuna


I've been wanting Andrea Immer's new book, and finally bought it. I haven't finished reading it, but so far it's wonderful. I love the way it's organized. And there are so many recipes and wine pairings that I want to try! The only reason I'm starting with this one is that Central Market had some absolutely lovely yellow-fin.

The recipe says to use your food processor to turn the dried porcini into dust. Part of mine turned into dust, but some pieces just flew endlessly around the bowl. So I resorted to the old fashioned mortar and pestle.

Gary seemed skeptical. Until he tasted it. OMG, this is WONDERFUL! It doesn't really qualify as "everyday", because it's a fairly expensive menu and it takes awhile. But it was fine for a Sunday night.

It is delicious. Absolutely delicious. Although I wish I hadn't made the noodles because they were just filler.
  • Mushroom-Dusted Tuna with Black Bean-Hoisin Sauce (Everday Dining with Wine, p. 151)
  • Soba Noodles
  • Sauteed Baby Bok Choy
  • 2002 Chateau St. Jean Pinot Noir (Sonoma County)

1 Comments:

At 3/13/2005 11:49 PM, Blogger Sheri said...

Waa, you have that book already? I don't even think it's on my wishlist yet. I love Andrea Immer.

I've cooked with mushroom dust in the past, and it's an amazing thing, even for someone who doesn't like mushrooms. Yours looks really wonderful.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home