.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Not As Good As Pork Cracklins

misadventures in cooking

Thursday, March 10, 2005

Chicken Piccata

Quick and Delicious. Definitely. Quick is the key to boneless, skinless chicken breasts. Overcooked=dry and lifeless. High heat and a couple of minutes on each side = delicious.

I had everything prepped and ready to go. Too bad Gary fell asleep in the 15-ish minute it took for me to put it all together. Oh well. At least I didn't eat his share. I wanted to. But I refrigerated it. Maybe lunch tomorrow?

The photo shows it with whipped potatoes. But pasta is such a perfect match. The sauce was lick-able. I love that I have nice gelatinous homemade chicken broth in the freezer. It gives the sauce such nice body. Something you really can't get from canned chicken broth. Don't let that stop you though, if canned is all you have.
  • Chicken Piccata with Fried Capers (Fine Cooking #56, p. 82C)
  • Angel Hair Pasta
  • Steamed Broccoli
  • 2003 Nobilo Sauvignon Blanc (Marlborough, NZ)

2 Comments:

At 3/12/2005 12:29 AM, Blogger Sheri said...

Finally! Blogger wasn't letting me post a comment yesterday.

I love all that is piccata. I want to make this. I don't know why I haven't.

 
At 3/12/2005 3:04 PM, Blogger it's only fuel said...

I concur, piccata is an amazing flavor experience. I would have eaten Gary's share...I have no shame when it comes to helping myself to seconds!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home