.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Not As Good As Pork Cracklins

misadventures in cooking

Sunday, March 06, 2005

Herb Salad with Societe Roquefort

A trip to Central Market without a list. After a long run. That is so dangerous.

I've cooked a lot of pork tenderloin and this might be the best pork tenderloin I've ever made. I'm serious. And the salad was extraordinarily good. The only thing I should have done differently tonight would have been to add a bit of chipotle to the potatoes. Yeah, well. It was still an all-around excellent dinner.
  • Pork Tenderloin with Honey, Mustard & Rosemary (Fine Cooking #14, p. 30)
  • Puree of Yukon Gold & Sweet Potatoes
  • Herb Salad with Societe Roquefort, Fuji Apple, & Honey-Toasted Pecans
  • 2001 A. Rafanelli Zinfandel (Dry Creek Valley, Sonoma County)

3 Comments:

At 3/06/2005 7:10 PM, Blogger it's only fuel said...

What a great looking salad. I love roquefort, it's one of my faves. I'd love to see what your pork tenderloin looked like. How did you do the sauce?

 
At 3/06/2005 7:16 PM, Blogger Amy said...

We love roquefort too. We usually save our salad or our cheese (in this case BOTH!) for dessert. If that's not something you're accustommed to, i t might take some getting used to, but it's excellent.

There isn't a sauce to the pork. It's butterflied and marinated in dijon mustard, honey, rosemary, etc. and then either broiled or grilled.

 
At 3/06/2005 11:58 PM, Blogger Sheri said...

I love that tenderloin! Mmm, and you had a Rafanelli Zin. They released their Cab this weekend. We didn't go, it was too crowded when we drove by. But I hear this year's Zin is really, really good.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home