.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Not As Good As Pork Cracklins

misadventures in cooking

Saturday, March 12, 2005

Butternut Squash and Sage Orzo

A nice dinner, just for myself tonight. Which is probably just as well, as lately I have been carrying on a torrid affair with the Herbs de Provence from Central Market's bulk department. Tonight I patted it onto a skinless, boneless chicken breast and seared it to play protein to my yummy starch centerpiece.

Another complete meal that I could make from things already on hand. I love that! Even though I had to use pretty much the last remaining sage in my lame herb garden. But it was well worth it! ooohh, I got to use my new cleaver on the squash! Most excellent. Nice and heavy. Wacked right through that son of a gun. I had everything prepped and ready to go when I got back from my bike ride. Didn't take any time at all to put it all together.

Eek. Another Bon Appetit recipe.

3 Comments:

At 3/13/2005 9:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, that orzo sounds so good. I think I'll give it a try this week.
-- Kelly

 
At 3/13/2005 11:55 AM, Blogger Sheri said...

That orzo is so yummy.

 
At 3/13/2005 12:49 PM, Blogger it's only fuel said...

I love butternut squash, I can only imagine what it would have tasted like paired with the sage orzo. Nice!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home