.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Not As Good As Pork Cracklins

misadventures in cooking

Wednesday, March 16, 2005

Hot Cocoa


We are meeting some friends in at their new condo in Utah. I thought it would be nice to take some hot cocoa mix, because people like "instant" and the kind you get in little packets is full of partially hydrogenated oils and other nasty things.

I found several recipes for hot cocoa mix using powdered dry milk. I used Sanalac, but suppose you could use nonfat like Carnation. Gary doesn't think this is quite sweet enough. I like it a lot, but I'm not a hot cocoa connoisseur, so who's to say. Maybe add a little more sugar?

6 Comments:

At 3/16/2005 2:28 PM, Blogger Sheri said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 3/16/2005 6:16 PM, Blogger Sheri said...

Mmmm. I'll need to try it since I only drink cocoa instead of coffee.

There are versions of packet cocoa without trans fats. One that is particularly good is called "Holy Chocolate", made locally in Campbell (www.holychocolate.com).

 
At 3/16/2005 10:30 PM, Blogger Amy said...

Right. In hindsight I don't think I should have bothered.

 
At 3/17/2005 12:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I used to drink hot cocoa every single night before I went to bed. It was actually more like hot milk with sugar and vanilla, and just a tiny bit of cocoa powder -- I was always worried any significant amount of cocoa would keep me awake. Anyway, I did this every night for years, even in the summer. Now that I live somewhere cold I never make it.
-- Kelly

 
At 3/19/2005 12:24 AM, Blogger Sheri said...

I think it's cute that you made your own for the trip!

 
At 3/19/2005 9:20 AM, Blogger Amy said...

I didn't even bring it:(

 

Post a Comment

<< Home