.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Not As Good As Pork Cracklins

misadventures in cooking

Tuesday, March 02, 2010

Chocolate Chip Cookies



"Did you have this all planned out???"

Today, I thought I did. If I accomplished the tasks on my list, I'd get a prize. Incentives are good! But somehow I got sucked into reading blogs, including Anna's, and before I knew it I had a half-batch of ginormous cookies in the oven. That pretty much guaranteed that I wouldn't get my prize today. I will get it. Just not today.

Felix K.'s 'Don't even try to say these aren't the best you've ever eaten, because they are' Chocolate Chip Cookies

6 Comments:

At 3/02/2010 4:25 PM, Blogger Amy said...

Aaaaaand... were they? Need reviews.

 
At 3/02/2010 4:29 PM, Blogger Amy said...

Hopefully someone else will review. Or you can read the Anna's notes or the comments on the recipe link.

For better or worse, I am not a connoisseur of chocolate chip cookies.

 
At 3/04/2010 12:20 PM, Anonymous Anna said...

No, we need YOUR opinion.

I thought they were good, but not the best ever. I did like them a lot.

 
At 3/04/2010 12:31 PM, Blogger Amy said...

Anna, you're funny.

Honestly, I don't eat enough chocolate chip cookies to compare and those I do eat, I like but don't absolutely positively adore, the way I adore Anything Ginger or Anything Citrus.

I recall liking Alton Brown's The Chewy. A friend whose opinion I trust said that this one was "perfect".

All that said, I found out today that if you run out of steam at the end of your workout, eating a bite of a Felix K's will turn things right around. I guess I'd give it a rating similar to yours, Anna.

 
At 3/04/2010 1:21 PM, Blogger Louise said...

I asked Anna on her blog how these cookies held up, but didn't get an answer. There's definitely extra points given to cc cookies if they still taste good a couple of days later. I'd be interested to know how these do.

 
At 3/04/2010 1:33 PM, Blogger Amy said...

The thing is, Louise, nearly all of my baked goods are given away. Those that aren't immediately given away are individually wrapped and frozen for future give-aways. So I really couldn't tell you how well they hold up to "normal" storage.

I'm sorry. To you and shubbe and Anna. I'm not being very helpful with respect to these cookies, am I?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home