.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Not As Good As Pork Cracklins

misadventures in cooking

Monday, January 18, 2010

Pumpkin Pie



"You take pleasure in making me miserable!" Have truer words ever been spoken?

My stated objective is to master the art of homemade pie crust. That's never going to happen if I don't practice. Therefore, even though it's not exactly pumpkin pie season anymore, I set out to make Cooks Illustrated's version of pumpkin pie.

Why oh why oh why? If the objective is the crust, I could have poured in any ole filling, right? But nooooo. I had to go with yet another fussy recipe, as if Saturday's lesson wasn't recent enough. *sigh*

This crust is much flakier than the first recipe I tried. And the filling, while fussy, is quite good. That, from someone who doesn't particularly care for pumpkin pie.

--------------

EDIT on 01/21/10: Upon further reflection (and a few more sample bites), it should be noted that this recipe will go down in history as the pumpkin pie that changed my mind about pumpkin pie.

2 Comments:

At 1/19/2010 8:30 AM, Blogger Keith said...

MMmmm. I love pumpkin pie and this one looks delicious.

 
At 1/20/2010 6:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love love LOVE pumpkin pie. Who says it has to be a exclusive Thanksgiving-related dessert anyway?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home