.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Not As Good As Pork Cracklins

misadventures in cooking

Sunday, November 22, 2009

Nanny's Victoria Sponge



The other day, the pin in my tilt head KitchenAid somehow worked its way out. I mentioned it to my oh-so-handy husband, so that he could put it back in. What I didn't say was, "Please might you do it as soon as possible, so that I may use it if I wake up in the wee hours of the night and want to bake a cake?"

I used it anyway, figuring that the horrific noise the broken mixer made would be enough to wake him up so he'd fix it for me. But it didn't and he didn't.

The resulting cake is Nanny's Victoria Sponge, which I knew as soon as Three Many Cooks posted, I'd be baking as dessert for a Sunday dinner.

As it turns out, tonight's dessert is also Gary's de facto birthday cake. While tomorrow is his 55th birthday, tonight is the night that Eric, Monica, Mike, Sandy and Doris will join us around the dinner table. Happy Birthday, Gary!

2 Comments:

At 11/23/2009 6:09 AM, Blogger Jess said...

happy birthday gary!

 
At 11/24/2009 11:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Way to go Amy! It was absolutely scrumptious!! --Sandy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home