.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Not As Good As Pork Cracklins

misadventures in cooking

Monday, May 11, 2009

Supermoist Banana-Nut Muffins (sans nuts)



For the most part, I'm not crazy about nuts in my baked goods. This was confirmed by a bite or two of banana walnut cake on a picnic last week. Imagine my delight when I read the note at the bottom of this recipe:

Flavor Variation: My kids would never forgive me if I didn't share one of their favorite versions of these muffins. On occasion, I substitute an equal amount of semisweet chocolate chips for the chopped walnuts.

Sold.

From the author who gave me my signature cookies and my signature cake, as well as too many other favorites to single out one (even though I just did), Abigail Johnson Dodge, The Weekend Baker.

3 Comments:

At 5/11/2009 7:30 PM, Blogger meredith said...

YUM! I will have to make these for Paul. He loves banana chocolate chip anything :)

 
At 5/11/2009 11:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmm, your mom doesn't care for nuts in her baked goods either so those muffins sound good to me!
What's the saying? A bump off of the old log? The apple doesn't fall far from the tree?
Love you, Mom

 
At 5/12/2009 7:01 PM, Blogger Jess said...

this is the way i always make banana bread...just a handful of chocolate chips...and i've started using half white whole wheat flour...i'm so sneaky :P

 

Post a Comment

<< Home