.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Not As Good As Pork Cracklins

misadventures in cooking

Thursday, April 09, 2009

Small Batch One Bowl Mocha Truffle Cookies



Strange what desire will make foolish people do. Here's an example of the sort of trouble one gets into when one does something one shouldn't be doing. But the power of suggestion is strong: "What are you doing today?" and then, when I didn't answer quickly enough, "Working? Baking?"

Although I had other things to get done, idea of baking had been planted in my head. Then Anna posted a recipe that 1) is small batch, 2) requires only one bowl, and 3) she tagged "exceptional". Suddenly the urge to bake overtook me.

I am a compulsive taster of raw batter, and while the cookies were in the oven, I licked the bowl. I can safely report that the batter is delicious.

Unfortunately, I didn't have a good grip on my tea towel when I pulled the pan out of the oven. I'd love to be able to tell you that my kitchen floor is clean enough to eat off of. It isn't. Not today, anyway.



Fortunately, I didn't drop eleven of the sixteen. For unrelated reasons, I'll hold off on a eating a baked cookie and get back to you on that.

Small Batch One Bowl Mocha Truffle Cookies

6 Comments:

At 4/09/2009 4:20 PM, Blogger MW said...

I will eat any dropped cookies.
Just bring them on Saturday!
mmmm.... cookies.

but sorry to see the horror on the floor. : (

 
At 4/09/2009 6:38 PM, Blogger Cam said...

I would cry to see any cookies on the floor but especially yours!

 
At 4/09/2009 10:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

lemon and chocolate+coffee..my two favorite dessert flavors. you're killing me here posting these back to back!!

-Monica

 
At 4/10/2009 7:28 PM, Blogger meredith said...

Oh no! And, no pet can lick up chocolate mess :( BTW, the lemon looks to die for, as always.

 
At 4/15/2009 3:55 PM, Blogger Toni said...

Sorry about your cookie incident. But when you finally tasted one, how were they?

 
At 4/16/2009 8:43 AM, Blogger Amy said...

Toni, they are really Really REALLY good.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home