.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Not As Good As Pork Cracklins

misadventures in cooking

Monday, August 01, 2005

Sauteed Haddock with Shallot-Lemon Vinaigrette

I've been at Sheri's house for a week. On the flight to California, I read my latest issue of Bon Appetit. There is an article on entertaining, but the entree is exactly something that Gary and I would typically eat every night. So I made a grocery list right then and there on the plane, planning to make it on the day I got back.

I stopped at Central Market on my way home from the airport. My favorite fish monger Mario was not there. The little boy child in his place gave me odd-shaped fillets, something Mario would never have done. I guess it doesn't affect the flavor, but still. It doesn't matter anyway, since Gary fell asleep the minute he got home from work. I waited an hour and a half and then cooked dinner for myself.

This is extremely easy and an excellent combination of flavors. I would make the vinaigrette any old day for any old salad, especially arugula.

Monkey Bay is a mass-produced, inexpensive wine that I keep around exactly for nights like this.
  • Sauteed Haddock with Shallot-Lemon Vinaigrette and Fresh Herb Salad (Bon Appetit, August 2005, p. 26)
  • Monkey Bay Sauvignon Blanc (Marlborough, NZ)
Shallot-Lemon Vinaigrette
6 T. olive oil
1/3 cup minced shallots
2 T. fresh lemon juice
1 T. sherry vinegar
2 tsp. grated lemon peel
s&p to taste

3 Comments:

At 8/03/2005 1:13 AM, Blogger it's only fuel said...

Odd shaped haddock filets need love too:)

 
At 8/03/2005 5:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love it when I check your blog late in the day – gives me dinner ideas. Of course, now that my rebellion of all things scheduled has officially ended, I must do some heinous bike ride b/f I can go to Central Market.

cheryl

 
At 8/06/2005 5:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Monkey Bay - didn't we have that last time I visited?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home