.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Not As Good As Pork Cracklins

misadventures in cooking

Sunday, July 24, 2005

Wasabi Pea Crusted Tuna

I had a sample of this at Central Market last weekend and it was so incredibly yummy! Then this morning, poking around my recipes for something to make for dinner, I noticed that I had marked a recipe in Andrea Immer's Everyday Dining with Wine for wasabi pea crusted salmon. How funny. To me, anyway.

The citrus-ness (??) of the salad was perfect with the asian-ness(????) of the fish and very refreshing. Another perfect wine-pairing by Andrea Immer. Life is good.
  • Wasabi Pea Crusted Tuna with Pickled Ginger Aioli (Central Market)
  • Frisee Salad with Oranges & Pistachios (Fine Cooking #62, p. 86c)
  • Gruet Rose' Brut (methode champenoise)
Wasabi Pea Crusted Tuna
Central Market Spicy Asian Marinade
Tuna
1 cup wasabi peas
1/2 cup panko
1 cup mayonnaise
2 T. pickled ginger, drained
1 t. garlic
handful of cilantro

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Marinate tuna for 30 minutes. Pulse wasabi peas in food processor/blender. Stir in panko. In clean food processor, blend mayo, pickled ginger, garlic and cilantro for aioli.

Remove tuna from excess marinade and coat with wasabi pea/panko. Place breaded tuna in a preheated skillet with grapeseed oil and sear 2 minutes on each side. Transfer to preheated oven for another 3-4 minutes, or until desired doneness.

4 Comments:

At 7/24/2005 11:26 PM, Blogger Sheri said...

Thanks for posting the recipe. Yes, I know I won't like it, but Larry will love it. Maybe I'll make mine salmon.

 
At 7/25/2005 12:06 AM, Blogger it's only fuel said...

You could also use citrification, citrifized, asianograhpy, asianization:)

 
At 7/26/2005 1:39 AM, Blogger Sheri said...

Katie: Queeen of Made-Up Words!

 
At 4/22/2006 12:53 PM, Blogger Laura said...

Hi. Just wanted to let you know that I referenced this post in my blog today. Check it out!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home