.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Not As Good As Pork Cracklins

misadventures in cooking

Saturday, August 06, 2005

Orzo with Everything



I needed a dish to take to a friend's birthday BBQ. This got great reviews on epicurious, may as well try it. The supermarket down the street didn't have raddichio, so I used part baby spinach, part arugula.

I heard at least one person, maybe two, who thought it was lentils, because the balsamic vinegar turns the orzo brown. I also heard several people commenting that they liked it. I did. When I got home I realized that I forgot to add the garlic.

3 Comments:

At 8/07/2005 10:37 AM, Blogger Sheri said...

It looks yummy! I have LOT of orzo, you know. :)

 
At 8/08/2005 12:09 PM, Blogger it's only fuel said...

It does look like lentils! Balsamic rules, may have to try this:)

 
At 10/01/2005 9:28 PM, Blogger Cookie Madness said...

Hi Amy!

Thanks for posting a picture of that recipe. I keep seeing it on Epicurious and saying to myself "Boy, that sounds good." Now that I have a visual, I will probably actually make it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home