.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Not As Good As Pork Cracklins

misadventures in cooking

Sunday, April 24, 2005

April's Birthday Brunch

I invited some girlfriends over for my friend April's birthday. Must not have been my day to cook, because I made a few mistakes.

I burned the nuts. I decided to set them out anyway and let people decide for themselves whether to pick over the worst burnt ones or skip them altogether.

I also forgot to put the streusel in the coffee cake. I was following a timeline in the magazine, which suggested making the streusel the day before and keeping it in the fridge. Which I did. After baking the cake, I opened the refrigerator door to get something else out, and there it was.
  • Bellinis
  • Spiced Nuts (Fine Cooking #12, p. 31)
  • Apple-Ginger Streusel Coffee Cake (Fine Cooking #12, p. 32)
  • Zucchini Frittata (Vegetarian Cooking for Everyone, Deborah Madison, p. 574)
  • Strawberries & Whipped Cream

1 Comments:

At 4/24/2005 10:15 PM, Blogger Sheri said...

Your brunch sounds wonderful. I seem to always burn nuts. And I've had days like that, when everything I do turns out wrong.

How was the frittata with the basil?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home