.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Not As Good As Pork Cracklins

misadventures in cooking

Saturday, March 26, 2005

Grilled Shrimp with Mango Salsa

I stopped at Central Market today to see what kind of fish they have. I have a favorite fish monger named Mario, and asked him, if halibut is in season again, why hasn't the price gone down. He said actually it's cheaper out of season because they catch it in season and freeze it. Hmph. Also he said the price of everything just went up too, because fuel (shipping) prices are so high.

So I bought some huge shrimp and the stuff to make mango salsa. I had a red pepper in the refrigerator that was past it's prime but fine to use. And I got a very fragrant mango. Oh, and I've really been craving the Arroz Verde, and thought that would go with it too.

CM was giving out samples of Miles of Chocolate. I've read several articles about it, but this was the first time I'd had a chance to try it. I thought Gary would really like it, so I bought a small piece and some raspberries to make a puree.

1 Comments:

At 3/27/2005 11:32 PM, Blogger Sheri said...

Yum - I love mango salsa. I bought some mango this weekend - they were giving out samples at Whole Foods and it was SO good.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home