.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Not As Good As Pork Cracklins

misadventures in cooking

Sunday, March 27, 2005

Sour Cream Waffles


Pork Cracklins will always be first in my heart, but another food web log (flog) that I read is 101 Cookbooks. I saw this recipe there.

The batter is thick, fluffy and bubbly. The waffles have a nice crisp crust and light interior. The first bite I had straight out of the waffle iron tasted too "eggy" to me. A few minutes later, with nice grade B maple syrup from the bulk department at Central Market, the waffles were out of this world. No butter on top, but sheesh who needs it, with a STICK of it in the batter in addition to the sour cream. Not for the low-fat dieter, but nice for a special occasion. It's so rare that I am home on a Sunday morning that cooking a leisurely breakfast seems like a real treat.

I've started adding Amazon.com links to the cookbooks I refer to on here. I noticed that a used copy of this one is only $2.55. I've had very good success ordering used books from Amazon. Often they aren't "used" at all; they're seconds or overstocks or such.

2 Comments:

At 3/27/2005 11:36 PM, Blogger Sheri said...

I was thinking about making these, because Larry is always wanting me to make breakfast. But a stick of butter? Yikes.

 
At 3/29/2005 1:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was on the treadmill today watching the food network. Emeril made waffles.

I have a pancake recipe I like that has an insane amount of butter. Every time I make it I try using a little less and a little less. Last time I used none and I thought they were just fine. I did brush a little on the griddle before I poured the batter, so I guess that counts.

--Kelly

 

Post a Comment

<< Home