.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Not As Good As Pork Cracklins

misadventures in cooking

Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Marbled Rye



I've been making "quick breads" pretty much all my life. Quick breads use baking powder and/or baking soda for leavening. Real bread uses yeast and I've always been too skeered to do it. I have made yeast rolls before, but not very successfully.

I bought this book last year and found out later that Sheri had it too. So when I visited her in California, one of the things on my to-do list was bake bread. She kept telling me it was easy, but I needed for her to hold my hand. The recipe makes two loaves, and we decided to put one in a loaf pan and make one free-form.

I loved the bread and it really wasn't so hard after all, so I had planned to try baking more. But now that I'm home, I'm skeered again.

  • Marbled Rye (The Bread Baker's Apprentice, Peter Reinhart, p. 183)

2 Comments:

At 8/10/2005 3:53 PM, Blogger Sheri said...

There's nothing to fear! You are a natural at bread making. I'm going to make the multigrain next!

It was fun making it together.

 
At 8/10/2005 4:55 PM, Blogger it's only fuel said...

That's gorgeous bread!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home