.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Not As Good As Pork Cracklins

misadventures in cooking

Monday, March 08, 2010

Whipped Cream Cake



This is one of the quicker, easier cakes in Rose's Heavenly Cakes. To make things even quicker and easier, I prepped it all on Saturday. Cream measured into a beaker with a lid, into the refrigerator. Dry ingredients whisked in a bowl with a lid, left on the countertop. Oven rack in correct position. Pan set out. Whisk attached to mixer. Everything ready so that on Sunday I could bake a cake in no time flat.

Except Sunday dinner was canceled. Gary wasn't feeling well and Eric had other plans. I ate Poached Flounder with Mint Beurre Blanc at 4:30 in the afternoon because I was hungry and had no reason to wait.



Problem was, I woke up wanting my Monday morning routine of coffee with leftover dessert from Sunday dinner. And there was no leftover dessert. Hmmm... just how quick and easy might it be to bake the cake right here, right now? We won't know until we try!

Turns out, very. Just in time for my second cup of coffee.



Whipped Cream Cake, Rose's Heavenly Cakes by Rose Levy Beranbaum

5 Comments:

At 3/08/2010 8:38 AM, Blogger Toni said...

I love plain cake like that, especially in the morning with a cup of coffee.

 
At 3/08/2010 9:02 AM, Blogger MW said...

Looks delish!
both of them!

 
At 3/08/2010 9:47 AM, Blogger meredith said...

Oh my, that cake looks heavenly!!

 
At 3/08/2010 4:43 PM, Blogger Sheri said...

I wanted to love this cake. But I wasn't crazy about it. What did you think?

 
At 3/08/2010 7:47 PM, Blogger Amy said...

Time and place being critical, I'd say, "Please, sir, I want some more."

In the grand scheme of things, I'd say, it's fine. Unlikely to be a do-over, but fine.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home