.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Not As Good As Pork Cracklins

misadventures in cooking

Monday, March 29, 2010

Easter Egg Cookies



Where does the time go????

Last week, I baked and froze some cut-out cookies, so that I could leisurely decorate them later.

Today, I had an appointment in the morning that got postponed at the last moment until the afternoon. To accommodate, I canceled my prior afternoon appointment and proceeded to make royal icing. If you use gel food coloring, instead of liquid, it won't change the texture of your icing as much.

I had fun decorating my pre-baked cookies! I flubbed a few, but that's ok; they end up as "cook's reward". The only problem was, I still had quite a bit of icing left and I couldn't bear to throw away those pretty colors.

I decided to throw together another batch of cookies. That sort of negated the whole pre-bake-decorate-leisurely thing. I was reasonably patient as the second batch cooled, but my rescheduled appointment was looming. I decorated the new cookies, tore off my apron and left the kitchen in disarray.

9 Comments:

At 3/29/2010 8:04 PM, Anonymous Julia said...

Oh I love this!!!! Those photos are so pretty, I thought it was from one of those photography/food blogs!

PS - The word verification for this reply is "holycar". hehe. :)

 
At 3/29/2010 9:34 PM, Blogger Jess said...

i see one that has a bite out! so pretty :D

 
At 3/29/2010 10:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pretty colors!

Cookies look good enough to eat...lol

Don't forget to save one for "E's" Easter Basket.

 
At 3/29/2010 11:02 PM, Blogger Sheri said...

Gorgeous. You are really good at making food look good. And I know they taste good because you made them.

 
At 3/30/2010 6:09 AM, Blogger Monica said...

these are amazing!

 
At 3/30/2010 8:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

very nice!!! and very pretty.
cheryl

 
At 3/30/2010 8:27 AM, Blogger Amy said...

Those are really beautiful!

 
At 3/30/2010 7:18 PM, Blogger Mark said...

Cute, and delicious! And, yes, Susan's made it home to her, I didn't eat them both!!! Wait, you weren't expecting me/us to save them 'til Easter were you? ;-) Thx.

 
At 4/15/2010 12:07 AM, Anonymous kathyphantastic said...

Amy, These look FABULOUS. Eric told me all about their tastiness. I love how the icing royal icing looks in the glasses. Such pretty colors.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home