.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Not As Good As Pork Cracklins

misadventures in cooking

Wednesday, October 07, 2009

Pumpkin Muffins



I know there are people who don't care for pumpkin. Can't say I like pumpkin pie myself. Detest the stuff. My husband adores it, though, and these muffins (along with two mini-loaves) are for him.

While we were in Oregon, he not only dealt with my weepy emotional self following a disappointing race, worse was learning that his father had been hospitalized. We hoped it might be a short stay, until he was stable enough to travel here, where we can take better care of him. However last night Gary's mother suggested that he and his sister hurry home.

He'll leave in the morning and I'll send pumpkin muffins along, so that he knows I'm with him in spirit.

4 Comments:

At 10/07/2009 1:54 PM, Blogger Jess said...

hugs all around...

 
At 10/08/2009 1:42 AM, Anonymous Julia said...

Sending good healing thoughts Gary's way. *hug*

 
At 10/10/2009 11:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ohhh-thinking of you both.
cheryl

 
At 10/12/2009 3:55 PM, Blogger Ashley said...

So sorry to hear that, Amy. I am thinking about ya'll.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home