.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Not As Good As Pork Cracklins

misadventures in cooking

Friday, September 11, 2009

Big Fat Cookies




Whoah. These turned out to be some attractive cookies. They're big, they're fat, they didn't spread much, nearly perfectly matched in size and shape. Sellable-looking, even. I hope they taste as good as they look.

Ingredients
1 1/3 cup flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
1 cup oats

4 oz. butter
1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
1/2 cup white sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
1 egg

1/2 cup chopped pecans
3/4 cup m&ms
3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips


350 degrees for... um, until they look as done as you want them to look.

Note to self: a half recipe, using my large scoop as a measure, makes a perfect dozen.

Another note to self: If I make them again, I'll probably use raisins instead of the chips. As soon as I say that, someone is going to say "there's no such thing as too much chocolate". Still, I wish I'd added raisins.

4 Comments:

At 9/11/2009 4:07 PM, Blogger Toni said...

Well How are they? They look great. Are they like an oatmeal cookie with choc and mm's, cause if so I'd add raisins too.

 
At 9/11/2009 4:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did you have a bag of all purple M & M's? Are these the small sized ones? I'd like to make some this weekend. j

 
At 9/11/2009 4:20 PM, Blogger Amy said...

Toni, my taste tester will have to get back to you on that. But yes, like an oatmeal cookie with M&M's.

j, they're regular-size M&M's. Teeny would be fine too. Either way.

 
At 9/11/2009 5:00 PM, Blogger MW said...

There's no better name to a cookie than:
BIG FAT COOKIE

hahah

 

Post a Comment

<< Home