.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Not As Good As Pork Cracklins

misadventures in cooking

Friday, August 28, 2009

Just Plain Good Cupcakes



After dinner tonight, Gary asked what he could have for dessert. Uh. Uh. Uh. We rarely have dessert after dinner. And we never have dessert on Friday night. However, at any given time, I do have a stash of sweets in the freezer. Except that, uh, uh, uh, at the moment they're all spoken for. I have plans for them.

Small Batch Baking to the rescue. "Just Plain Good Cupcakes" uses one yolk (ha! hey Sheri, I added yet another white to my collection!), two tablespoons of butter, half a cup of flour and a few other things, to make four cupcakes. As it just so happens, I had a ridiculously small amount of chocolate cream glaze left over from Valentine's Day (where does the time go?) that I couldn't bear to throw out then, but never found a reason to use either. I sprinkled on some cute little hearts and there you go: dessert.

5 Comments:

At 8/28/2009 10:11 PM, Blogger MW said...

How long did it take to make 4 little beauties?

 
At 8/28/2009 10:36 PM, Anonymous Julia said...

They are so cute!! I love small batch baking... One for you, one for Gary, and two for me!

Okay, maybe I'd share one of my two with Sheri. :)

 
At 8/28/2009 11:17 PM, Blogger Sheri said...

They're so cute. I make gigantic batches to take to work but a small batch would be perfect for the weekend.

Yes, Julia, share with me!

 
At 8/29/2009 12:26 PM, Blogger Amy said...

Mike, an hour if you count the time I spent thumbing through the book being waffly. Less than that if you only consider prep, baking, (quick cool down in the freezer) and frosting.

 
At 8/29/2009 9:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lucky Gary. :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home