.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Not As Good As Pork Cracklins

misadventures in cooking

Sunday, August 09, 2009

Mexican Wedding Cookies



A busy day of baking. A key lime pie. Then, to use the whites that were left from the yolks in the pie, an italian meringue buttercream, which I put on top of a small batch of cupcakes and sprinkled with chopped up Skor. Finally, Mexican Wedding Cookies. Except that they turned out flat, and I have never seen a flat Mexican Wedding Cookie. Huh.

As I said, a busy day of baking. One thing I learned last season is that my legs and feet are not happy standing on a tile-on-concrete-slab kitchen floor for hours at a time, after 60 miles a week of running. Today I wore a new [clean] pair of running shoes, and that seems to have made a big difference.

6 Comments:

At 8/09/2009 3:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am not sure which is more impressive, your cooking or your 60 mile week. j

 
At 8/09/2009 7:56 PM, Blogger Sheri said...

Hmm, well they still look really pretty. And tasty.

I have a similar ongoing problem with egg whites due to my current ice cream obsession. I made an angel food cake last week. I'm thinking pavlova next.

 
At 8/10/2009 8:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

yummy! good to see you yesterday.
cheyrl

 
At 8/10/2009 2:04 PM, Blogger Mark said...

Ah, the Brooks Kitchen line of Chef! inspired performance footwear, shrinked and pinked and buttercreamed.

 
At 8/10/2009 3:01 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I love your baking, I never get enough...heck, I never get ANY ;)

We have tile over concrete in kitchen/den...kills my very flexible boney feet...birkenstocks in the kitchen and den all the time. Easy on, easy off and no sore feet or legs.

60 miles a week...you beast.

 
At 8/13/2009 11:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's the fact that your shoes were clean that they helped you. (JT)

Cookies look good and Key Lime Pie is ne of hubby's favorites.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home