.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Not As Good As Pork Cracklins

misadventures in cooking

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Cocoa Banana Muffins



This time last year I was the same number of days away from a marathon that I am right now.

Except that last year, there was a baking ban in effect. This year, there've been no baking ban proclamations, and as a workout -- as training -- I ran 24 miles, 20 of which were at 2008 race pace, got up the next morning and ran some more. Whereas after last year's event, I got up the next morning and could hardly move.

So I'm thinking that baking bans are a bunch of hooey. Despite having been teased for demolishing that apple spice cake, it's clear that baked goods are making me speedier.

Cocoa Banana Muffins
, The Modern Baker by Nick Malgieri

4 Comments:

At 9/22/2009 9:16 AM, Anonymous SallyBR said...

Oh, how cool! You are running yet another marathon!

is it next weekend?

Best of luck!!!! I am a little jealous....

 
At 9/22/2009 9:32 AM, Blogger holly said...

I tried to have a baking ban once. It resulted in me devouring a cookie at whole foods before I even payed for it. Baking bans are silly. I might think differently if the last 10lbs of pregnancy weight is still around in a couple months :)

 
At 9/22/2009 1:11 PM, Blogger Sheri said...

There should be a ban on baking bans.

 
At 9/27/2009 5:16 PM, Blogger Monica said...

Good luck this week in Portland!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home