.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Not As Good As Pork Cracklins

misadventures in cooking

Sunday, September 13, 2009

Lavash Crackers



Thanks for the warning, Sally! Yes, these are addictive.

Notes:
  • Even though it's a small ball of dough, I think it's easier to work with half at a time.
  • I rolled it on my silpat and then lifted that onto the baking sheet.
  • I used cyprus flake salt, minced rosemary, smoked paprika, poppy seeds and sesame seeds. Your toppings may vary.
Lavash Crackers, The Bread Baker's Apprentice, Peter Reinhart

3 Comments:

At 9/13/2009 9:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOW! You made them already! Yours turned out great!

I agree, even with a single batch, it would be easier to roll half of it, making two sheets. I lost some of my dough, as it was larger than the baking sheet.

For a dinner party, I think it is safer to bake a double batch, cut in four large pieces of dough... so good!

 
At 9/14/2009 6:37 AM, Blogger mspincushion said...

Wondering if these taste like bread or more like a pastry.
They look delicious!

 
At 9/14/2009 5:01 PM, Blogger Amy said...

They're crackers, not bread or pastry.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home