.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Not As Good As Pork Cracklins

misadventures in cooking

Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Banana-Macadamia Nut Muffins



Shortly after the Portland Marathon, I received a perfectly worded text message from a friend who knew exactly what I was feeling. At the time, I didn't have the right words to reply with. Days later, I received another text: "Okay. Your 72 hours of anger, disappointment, weeping, mourning, post-marathon depression is over. You better respond to me or I will track you down."

We exchanged a couple of emails and he advised: "Rest up. Bake. Sleep. Eat. Sleep. Drink. Sleep. And then get back out there."

Eat? Sleep? Not so much. Bake? What a brilliant idea! He was rewarded with a stack of highly addictive Salty-Sweets and I've been baking like a madwoman ever since.

That draws to a close with today's goodies, baked to use up ripe bananas before I leave town to join my husband, whose dad passed away yesterday. We knew it was coming, and we're grateful that Gary could be there in the days leading up to it.

Banana-Macadamia Nut Muffins, Bon Appetit

5 Comments:

At 10/14/2009 2:15 PM, Blogger Toni said...

Sorry you've been having such stretch lately. But, just know I think you're amazing and, beside your numerous other talents, you can make some mean muffins!

 
At 10/14/2009 3:32 PM, Blogger Robin said...

They look delicious! My sincere condolences to you and your husband.

 
At 10/14/2009 4:38 PM, Blogger MW said...

I'm giving you till i see you in person to talk about your marathon, which i still plan on doing.

HOWEVER, posting ANYTHING with Macadamia nuts and bananas like this is too much for me to pass on commenting on. they look great!

Finally, so sorry about your loss. My thoughts are with you and yours.
: (

 
At 10/14/2009 5:16 PM, Anonymous Julia said...

Hugs to you and Gary. I'm glad he got to be there, too. That photo of that yummy looking muffin is amazing.

 
At 10/20/2009 8:50 AM, Anonymous SallyBR said...

My condolences to you and Gary, it is always extremely painful to lose a parent, even if it is the "natural move of things". It hurts way too much

I admire you and your marathon running, I don't care how long it takes to cross the finish line, but I understand how hard it is to have a goal and not be able to make it. I wish I could run another marathon some day, but I seriously doubt it....

Many hugs for you, ok?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home