.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Not As Good As Pork Cracklins

misadventures in cooking

Monday, April 09, 2007

Ashley Learns to Make Risotto!



My last night in Twinland. They had their best baths of my whole visit! Both were very kicky & splashy. At bedtime, E (who is always on the move, very busy girl) was especially snuggly with her Auntie. Aww... so sweet. A very good evening. After they were in bed, Ashley made risotto for the very first time.

The recipe in her new Everyday Italian book is a basic risotto. Nothing new or different in the instructions. Leave a pan of chicken broth simmering on one burner. On another burner, sweat the onion and then add the arborio rice. Add the wine and simmer until nearly evaporated. Add chicken broth, one ladleful at a time... Well, Giada actually says 1/2 cup at a time, but damned if I'm going to measure out a half a cup when every other time I have made risotto it's been a ladleful.

The end result was very good. What wouldn't be good with that much butter and parmesan?? I could have eaten the whole pan. Instead there was a roasted chicken to go with it.

3 Comments:

At 4/13/2007 8:11 PM, Blogger Ashley said...

I feel like a celebrity! T and E did have a good bath that night. I am so glad you got some snuggle time with E.

Miss you!

ashley

 
At 4/17/2007 11:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the Risotto and the the roasted chicken. Good combination.
That chicken is so easy to prepare and it tastes yummy!
A good job done by both!

 
At 4/18/2007 12:52 PM, Blogger Kay said...

Mmmmmm...will have to try the risotto recipe. That roasted chicken looks a lot like my green chile roasted chick. Yum yum.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home