.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Not As Good As Pork Cracklins

misadventures in cooking

Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Bourbon Chocolate Mousse



After the cake problem on Monday, my rescue dessert was the Bourbon Chocolate Mousse on the back cover of Fine Cooking #85. I am not happy that they are putting recipes on the back cover now. I preferred when they profiled a artisanal food.

I weighed to see if I had enough chocolate left. 4 ounces, plus a little bit. Whew. I was completely out of cream though, so I had to use half & half. It didn't quite set up as well, but I couldn't afford to be picky at that point. The recipe comes together very quickly and easily. It isn't too bourbon-y, but we might like it better with some other liqueur. I garnished with a strawberry, however I can't take a picture because the strawberries are all gone now.

As it turns out, I did bring out the cake and it was well-received with laughter and enthusiasm. Probably more enthusiasm than the mousse.

1 Comments:

At 3/28/2007 10:14 PM, Blogger Sheri said...

I agree with you about the recipes on the back cover. Plus, it makes it hard to make notes. Not pen-friendly!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home