.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Not As Good As Pork Cracklins

misadventures in cooking

Sunday, May 08, 2005

Macadamia Nut Biscotti

It's a rainy dreary day. Why not cook? I happened to have recently purchased Fine Cooking #5 off of Ebay and I happened to have macadamia nuts in the pantry.

Biscotti dipped in vin santo became my post-prandial ritual when Gary and I went to Italy in 1999. Generally speaking, I'm not a big dessert eater. Mostly because if I'm still hungry, I'd rather eat more dinner. Dinner in Italy usually lasted 2-3 hours and I was definitely full. But this was the perfect ending, not too sweet and not too filling. I love biscotti with coffee for breakfast, too.

This recipe is not traditional, made with butter that gives it more of a shortbread texture. Not sweet at all, which is nice. Only half a cup of sugar to two cups of flour. But a little bland. I would like to try the almond biscotti from the same article.
  • Macadamia Nut Biscotti (Fine Cooking #5, p. 36)

1 Comments:

At 5/08/2005 11:16 PM, Blogger Sheri said...

They sound nice. I like macadamias, and I like shortbread too. Yum.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home