.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Not As Good As Pork Cracklins

misadventures in cooking

Friday, May 13, 2005

Individual Vanilla Puddings

I cooked dinner tonight for Dean & Doris, who leave tomorrow to go home to Michigan after spending the winter in Texas.

I think this pudding is a nice dessert as a treat for my mom, Dean, or Jay. It isn't low fat (whole milk, although I don't see why you couldn't use 2%, egg yolks & butter) or sugar-free, but it is healthy and low in carbohydrates if you're not having potatoes, rice, bread etc. with dinner. It has 250 calories, 25 g. carbohydrate, 6 g. protein, and is much much better than something from a box. I served it in pretty little glass dishes that were my grandmother's, with 1/2 of a strawberry fanned on the top.
  • Sear Roasted Salmon with Lemon-Rosemary Butter Sauce (Fine Cooking #71, p. 39-40)
  • Quick Braised Vegetables (Fine Cooking #71, p. 42-43)
  • Individual Vanilla Puddings (Fine Cooking #71, p. 68)

4 Comments:

At 5/14/2005 4:36 PM, Blogger Sheri said...

Sounds lovely! How was the salmon?

 
At 5/14/2005 8:53 PM, Blogger it's only fuel said...

Amy, I'm clueless without the pics! What's up with that girlie? pics pics I want pics:D

 
At 5/15/2005 5:54 PM, Blogger Sheri said...

Amy, I'll spank her for you if you want. Really, I will. I don't mind. :)

 
At 5/16/2005 8:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mmm, yes that would be a great treat for Mom. It is Jim's favorite also.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home