.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Not As Good As Pork Cracklins

misadventures in cooking

Friday, July 25, 2008

Chocolate Cupcakes



Towards the end of my run this morning, I started daydreaming about baking cupcakes. When I got to Barton Springs to soak my tired legs, Mike told me about a new bakery he was planning to try out today. I took that as a clear sign that great minds think alike and that it was obviously a cupcake kind of day.

I made a half recipe of the "Chocolate Cake That's Got It All" from CookSmart: Perfect Recipes for Everyday, which filled 12 cupcake papers, with some lickableness left in the bowl and on the spatula. A half recipe of "Soft and Creamy Double Chocolate Frosting" was just the right amount to generously top them.

7 Comments:

At 7/25/2008 12:53 PM, Blogger Mark said...

Wow! Sinful. And you're a sinful woman for posting such temptation.

FAQ42: And tell me again how come you're not 342lbs?

 
At 7/25/2008 1:05 PM, Blogger Sheri said...

How funny, I've had a bit of a cupcake obsession lately. More with eating them than making them. We've got a fancy cupcake bakery going in to San Jose in the fall. And my favorite bakery, Sugar Butter Flour, makes great cupcakes!

 
At 7/25/2008 1:20 PM, Blogger MW said...

mmmm.. cupcakes.
(about to dig into the caramel one! Thanks fo hlpin me choose which one to eat first!)

 
At 7/25/2008 2:47 PM, Blogger Ashley said...

OMG! HEAVEN....that is HEAVEN in a picture!

 
At 7/25/2008 8:51 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

You mentioned nothing about cupcakes when I saw you on your run! Meanie!

 
At 7/26/2008 2:43 PM, Blogger Toni said...

lol, thinking of cupcakes while you run! THose look really good. I'd like one with a tall glass of ice cold milk.

 
At 7/27/2008 11:37 PM, Blogger mspincushion said...

Those look yummy. Lizzy!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home