.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Not As Good As Pork Cracklins

misadventures in cooking

Monday, July 21, 2008

Bagels


Jess and I made bagels from Baking with Julia. Definitely nothing to be afraid of! I'll make them again for sure. They were easy enough and not terribly time consuming - just long enough for us to catch up after not seeing each other for a few weeks.

The recipe says it makes 10, but we decided to divide it into 12 and I'm glad we did because they're still pretty big. We made half of them as "everything" bagels (topped with garlic, carraway, sesame, poppy seeds and coarse salt) and half with thinly sliced tomato and chiffonade of basil. We shared one as our afternoon snack, and I have to say, they are amazing.

3 Comments:

At 7/21/2008 9:15 PM, Blogger Ashley said...

I would love to try the ones with tomatoe and basil. They look beautiful!

 
At 7/22/2008 5:39 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Wow! Beautiful. I am always so impressed by the things you make...like pictures out of a cookbook.

You two inspired me to try Johnson's Backyard--I have my first pick up tomorrow. I'm so excited.

 
At 7/25/2008 8:20 AM, Blogger MW said...

www.urbanspoon.com
www.polkadotcupcakefactory.com

I'll let you know how they are.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home