.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Not As Good As Pork Cracklins

misadventures in cooking

Monday, November 19, 2007

Pecan Tartlets



These darling little pecan tartlets from Fine Cooking #41 will be on my holiday baking list from now on! The crust is a buttery dough that is pressed into muffin tins. The filling is not as sickeningly sweet as most pecan pies are. And individual tartlets seem more special and not as cookie-ish as pecan pie bars.

The "walls" of my crust didn't seem quite high enough and I worried a little when the filling overflowed, but it didn't seem to matter in the end. I also had extra filling left. When I peeked at them while they were baking, they had puffed up in an alarming way, but settled down as they cooled. I also worried that they would stick like glue to the pan and never come out in one piece. But not to worry, I loosened them while warm and they released just fine.

I've been told they freeze well. I hope so, because they're going into the freezer until Thursday. Gobble, gobble, gobble...

2 Comments:

At 11/23/2007 10:45 AM, Blogger Toni said...

Loved those. And yes they froze really well, which makes them kind of dangerous to have in the freezer. Don't be surprised if they call out to you late in the evening...

 
At 11/26/2007 9:37 PM, Blogger Ashley said...

BEAUTIFUL!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home