.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Not As Good As Pork Cracklins

misadventures in cooking

Monday, October 15, 2007

Rosemary-Olive Oil Bread



I've had some issues with my starter exploding from its home. In the refrigerator. Creating big huge mess. Hopefully I've got that figured out now.

Very early yesterday morning, I gave half a feeding to 4.5 oz of starter. By 3:00 in the afternoon, it was perky and happy, so I began a half-recipe (one loaf) of Rosemary Olive Oil Bread. I used the KitchenAid for all the kneading, because it keeps me from adding too much extra flour, which I tend to do when I knead by hand. I did end up with a wet dough, which is what I was hoping for, so I was surprised when I cut the finished loaf in half (shown above) and didn't find especially large holes.

Of course I had to sample. It's fabulous. The rosemary is more subtle than I expected, probably because I've become accustomed to the "in your face" rosemary of my focaccia. I had another little sample, and maybe another. Really. This is scary. And I found the large holes that I looking for. See, there was a reason to keep cutting. All in the name of science.

4 Comments:

At 10/15/2007 1:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh that second piece is gorgeous!!! Yummy!

 
At 10/15/2007 9:33 PM, Blogger Sheri said...

Mmm. I'm sure it would ship really nicely. :)

 
At 10/15/2007 10:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

beautiful bread!

 
At 10/16/2007 1:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

im pretty sure we walked around kroger with individualy wrapped cheese and a gallon of old milk someone turned into chocolate milk all the while enduring the crys of young children as their mothers swatted at them to stop breaking things in the isles and to get out of peoples ways before they get run over by a cart and have to start the 2nd grade with a helmet and a pass to pee their pants without ridicule.

chaos pretty much. chaos.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home