.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Not As Good As Pork Cracklins

misadventures in cooking

Saturday, September 29, 2007

RLB's Ciabatta



I've made Suzanne Dunaway's ciabatta from No Need to Knead many times, but wanted to try Rose Levy Beranbaum's from her Bread Bible. It makes a much smaller, more manageable loaf, suitable for 2-4 people. I worried that neither the biga nor the formed loaf were rising enough (they never quite tripled, despite allowing them much longer times than Rose suggested), but worked just fine.

I was wracking my brain to think of what to have for dinner. So many recipes that say to "serve with a loaf of crusty bread", why couldn't I think of any of them?? In the end, I decided on Chicken Cacciatore with Sauteed Mushrooms and Zucchini from Fine Cooking #56, even though the serving suggestion is white rice, not lovely homemade bread. The same article by Tony Rosenfield includes a recipe for Southwestern Spiced Chicken & Black Bean Stew that is excellent. This time I used boneless thighs, instead of bone-in, which I think worked even better.

2 Comments:

At 9/30/2007 1:43 PM, Blogger Sheri said...

your bread is gorgeous, as usual. I love that stew.

 
At 10/08/2007 11:32 PM, Blogger Nana J said...

Looks yumm Lizzie Beth!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home