.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Not As Good As Pork Cracklins

misadventures in cooking

Monday, August 13, 2007

Chewy Oatmeal Raisin Cookies



We went to a birthday party Saturday night and came home with yummy leftovers. I decided to send the container back with cookies in it.

I check My Little Kitchen every week, and since I haven't baked lately from Maida Heatter's Cookies, it was tempting to poke around and find something that Cathy's cookie testers had rated highly. Then again, baking this morning was a last minute decision, and not wanting to go to the store for special ingredients, I was limited in my recipe making choices. I decided to go with David Leibovitz's adaptation of Nick Malgieri's version of lower-fat Chewy Oatmeal Raisin Cookies, simply because I had everything I needed. The only thing I did to further the adaptation process was to plump the raisins in hot water before adding them to the dough. I think David and Nick would be proud.

Aferward, as I tidied up the kitchen and put away my baking supplies, I realized I did have some chocolate afterall. Anything chocolate is usually more popular than anything not, but I'm sending these anyway.

2 Comments:

At 8/13/2007 6:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nick Malgieri is a genius. His How to Bake book is one of my favorite references.

 
At 8/14/2007 12:13 AM, Blogger Sheri said...

Funny. I've had that book (How to Bake) for... I don't know, maybe 15 years? I've barely looked at it but I've held on to it.

I was a failure at cookies tonight (meaning I didn't make any).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home