.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Not As Good As Pork Cracklins

misadventures in cooking

Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Celery, Cabbage & Carrot Salad with Shrimp & Curry Dressing



I love to read cookbooks. I put little post-it flags on recipes that look good. Then I put the book on the shelf and forget about it. When it's time to shop or plan a meal, I can never think of anything.

I've had Cooking One on One for a while now and never cooked a darn thing from it, despite thinking that everything in it sounded wonderful. I first remember hearing of John Ash when he was a guest on Cooking Live with Sara Moulton. I miss that show.

Last week, someone on the Fine Cooking discussion board mentioned making this salad, and I thought it sounded like a perfect dinner in this hot weather we're having right now.

And it was. Perfect.

3 Comments:

At 8/15/2007 11:02 PM, Blogger Sheri said...

hmm. It LOOKS good. But doesn't sound good. I think it's the "carrot salad" in the title. I should open my horizons!

 
At 8/21/2007 6:53 PM, Blogger Toni said...

The photo has me wondering if it is a mayo based dressing or something like yogurt.

 
At 8/21/2007 7:08 PM, Blogger Amy said...

Mayo and unsweetened coconut milk!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home