.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Not As Good As Pork Cracklins

misadventures in cooking

Friday, August 17, 2007

Lemon Poppyseed Poundcake



A few weeks ago, my friend Julia from Kosher-Style Pork Cracklins came over to keep me company and cheer me up. She also loaned me her copy of Rose Levy Beranbaum's classic book, The Cake Bible. Oh where to begin? I would love to bake them all!

At the birthday party we went to last weekend, there were 3 cakes, one for each decade. The best of all was a lemon poppyseed layer cake with lemon frosting. The hostess was kind enough to send some home with us, but it didn't last long and I immediately knew what I would offer to bake for Gary's bridge party tonight.

Rose's is a poundcake, soaked in lemon syrup. It's fabulous. Destined to be a repeat.

4 Comments:

At 8/18/2007 10:40 PM, Blogger Sheri said...

Oh, my. Larry would love this.

 
At 8/20/2007 2:27 PM, Blogger Ashley said...

BEAUTIFUL!

 
At 8/23/2007 2:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That looks so tasty! I am so glad you are enjoying the book, because it would just be collecting dust at my place right now.

I have so many other recipes on my to cook list, right now!

 
At 9/21/2007 11:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow, beautiful.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home