.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Not As Good As Pork Cracklins

misadventures in cooking

Thursday, September 20, 2007

Brown Sugar Pound Cake



Greetings from Twinland!

Ashley clipped this recipe from the removable protective cover of her Southern Living magazine. Then David took pictures using his homemade white box. We were wishing for a brightly colored plate, but I didn't know where to look for one.

The cake is pretty good. Ashley was expecting a darker color and I'm wondering how it would be with part light brown sugar, part dark brown. The recipe makes way too much glaze. If I made it again, I'd make half the glaze and I'd add a pinch of salt (because I used unsalted butter).

5 Comments:

At 9/21/2007 12:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh how fun that all three of you worked together to create this! The lighting is great!!

Hugs to the twins!

 
At 9/29/2007 7:29 AM, Blogger Cookie Madness said...

Too much glaze? Is that even possible? Looks good, Amy.

 
At 9/30/2007 9:31 AM, Blogger Amy said...

Hi Anna~

It's nice and thick on the cake, and that doesn't even include how much I let people eat with a spoon OR how much I ended up washing down the drain. It was amazing.

 
At 10/20/2007 12:22 AM, Blogger Tammy said...

I made this cake also. I agree that the recipe produced way too much icing. The glaze on my cake was running everywhere. Oh - but it was so good. My girlfriends just raved over it! I did change one thing. Instead of 1 cup shortening in the cake, I used an additional 1 cup of butter. I think this made it richer, if that's possible. It was so good! - Tammy

 
At 12/28/2007 11:33 PM, Blogger mspincushion said...

Your mom had a slice of that pound cake and I thought it was divine! So did Jim!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home