.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Not As Good As Pork Cracklins

misadventures in cooking

Friday, October 19, 2007

Country White



Another loaf of sourdough. Considerably easier than the first time (last week), because my starter was active and I didn't have to feed it for 3 days before using it. And I kindasorta knew what I was doing.

First I worried that I didn't let it ferment long enough, then I worried that I didn't let it proof long enough. I worried because the doorbell rang right as I put it into the oven, and so it was 15 minutes before I turned the temperature down from 500 to 450 degrees, instead of 5 minutes as instructed. But now I'm wondering if maybe it is nearly foolproof and no matter what I do, it might turn out as wonderful as these first attempts.

Dang, I shouldn't even think that, much less say it out loud. I bet I just jinxed myself.

Tonight this becomes garlic bread to go with Mahogany Beef Stew. I can hardly wait. I better have a slice now to be sure it's ok...

1 Comments:

At 10/20/2007 9:39 AM, Blogger Toni said...

Amy, that is one gorgeous loaf. I am very impressed.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home